Bring out the light layers and short sleeves, please!
Even though it’s technically spring, it sure doesn’t feel like it for me. Temperatures are still cold and my space heater runs almost everyday. We even had a random snow squall the other day. Make up your mind, weather! 😵💫
Despite the constant fluctuation in temps, we do have a few rare days when it’s sunny and warm. It’s those days that remind me that it’s actually spring.
I have a sneaky feeling that it’s going to be warm and sunny soon, so I’m looking forward to curating my spring capsule wardrobe. Maybe this will help bring in the warm spring weather soon? Fingers crossed! 🤞
Need a refresher? A capsule wardrobe is a collection of clothing that can be mixed and matched to create a wide variety of outfits. All the pieces in the collection complement each other, which makes outfit coordination a breeze!
It’s a great way to minimize your closet to only the key pieces you’ll need. You’ll save tons of time dressing in the morning! Not to mention, it’s budget-friendly too.
Disclosure: Vain Affair is reader-supported. When you buy through affiliate links on our website, we’ll make a small commission, without impacting your price. Thank you. Learn more.
What Should Be In A Spring Capsule Wardrobe 2022?
A spring capsule wardrobe should contain lighter layers and some warmer weather clothes, such as short sleeve tops and dresses. You’ll want a mixture of both to stay comfortable in chillier temperatures and slightly warmer days.
The beauty of spring is that it’s warmer, but not scorching hot like summer or freezing like winter. It’s that in-between weather that’s perfect for dressing up.
If you didn’t know, I started doing this every season, so I currently have a fall capsule wardrobe and winter capsule wardrobe out. Now, it’s time to lighten up the layers and introduce some new pieces into the spring capsule wardrobe.
Keep on reading for an easy and effortless spring capsule wardrobe inspiration that you can immediately copy, even with pieces you might already have.
If you don’t have a certain piece, I have some great shopping recommendations for you too!
Spring Capsule Wardrobe Essentials
The spring capsule wardrobe is a curated collection of items that you can wear every spring. It’s incredibly flexible and customizable, so you won’t get bored with it over time.
I put together a winter capsule wardrobe list that’s filled with pieces that I personally recommend. Below, you will find the essential pieces that you need in a spring capsule wardrobe.
I know that it may be hard to curate a spring capsule wardrobe for the first time, so if you have any questions, I’m here to help!
Style Tip: Keep a consistent color theme in your wardrobe. I highly recommend neutral colors, such as white, beige, brown, gray, and black. These colors never go out of style! I recommend it for all capsule wardrobes.
In any case, feel free to tweak it to your needs. If you live somewhere where it’s warmer or colder, you may want to include fewer or more layers respectively.
I can’t wait to share my spring capsule wardrobe and style tips with you. Let’s dive right in!
- White Short Sleeve Shirt
It’s time for the classic white short sleeve shirt to make its comeback! This is an essential foundation piece for any casual outfit.
A white t-shirt is seasonless and is almost guaranteed to work with any pair of bottoms. Make sure you invest in a good quality t-shirt because you will find yourself wearing it all year round.
🌼 Shop White Short Sleeve Shirts 🌼
- New York & Company: V-NECK RUCHED CITY TEE
- Macy’s: Women’s Ribbed Square-Neck T-Shirt, Created for Macy’s
- Macy’s: Women’s V-Neck T-Shirt, Created for Macy’s
- Macy’s: Women’s The One Organic Rib Crew Short Sleeve T-shirt
- Macy’s: Women’s The 91 T-shirt
- Macy’s: Women’s Crewneck T-Shirt, Created for Macy’s
- converse: Coastal Vibes T-Shirt
- converse: Dreamer Graphic T-Shirt
- converse: Grow Together Oversized T-Shirt
- dhgate: 21ss T Shirts
- Land’s End: Women’s Relaxed Supima Cotton Short Sleeve Crewneck T-Shirt
- Land’s End: Women’s Relaxed Supima Cotton Short Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt
If you’re constantly tucking in your tops, then a bodysuit is the perfect for you! Bodysuits are secured in place all-day and virtually free of any lumps from tucking in a top. It’s a seamless tucked-in top that stays in place.
These one-piece, skin-tight tops cover the torso and crotch area. I recommended bodysuits as layering pieces in the winter, but it’s perfect to wear on its own in the spring capsule wardrobe!
Plus, there are so many fun styles to play with, such as short sleeves, asymmetric necklines, and knitted bodysuits.
🌺 Shop Bodysuits 🌺
- Forever 21: Sleeveless Crew Bodysuit
- Forever 21: Contour Tank Bodysuit
- Forever 21: Seamless Ribbed Bodysuit
- Revolve: Camille Strappy Back Bodysuit
- Revolve: Dory Bodysuit
- Revolve: Reading Bodysuit
- Forever 21: Seamless Tank Bodysuit
- Forever 21: Cutout Halter Bodysuit
- dhgate: Women Floral Lace Bodysuits
- dhgate: Women Jumpsuits Tummy-Control Sleeveless Bodysuit
- dhgate: Women Simple Style Sleeveless Casual Bodycon
- dhgate: Forefair Sexy Bodycon Bodysuit Long Sleeve Square Neck
- dhgate: Casual Dresses Strap Solid Bodycon Sexy Body Basic White Summer Bodysuit
- PLT: BASIC SAGE GREEN SLINKY RACER BODYSUIT
- PLT: DARK BROWN SLINKY SCOOP NECK BODYSUIT
- PLT: BLACK ONE SHOULDER ASYMMETRIC BODYSUIT
- White Button Up Shirt
Clean, crisp, and classic–there’s a reason why I recommended this in my previous capsule collections. A white button down is versatile, timeless, and seasonless.
I don’t think it will ever go out of style. It works great in casual outfits and makes you look professional in an instant too.
In the spring, they can be worn on their own. If it gets hot out, you can roll up your sleeves too. It’s great for polished looks or business casual outfits.
🌸 Shop White Button Up Shirts 🌸
- Woman Within: Perfect Short Sleeve Button Down Shirt
- Woman Within: Short Sleeve Button Down Seersucker Shirt
- Woman Within: Pintucked Button Down Gauze Shirt
- Everlane: The Linen Relaxed Shirt
- Everlane: The Silky Cotton Relaxed Shirt
- Everlane: The Clean Silk Relaxed Shirt
- Blair: Fiesta Three-Quarter Sleeve Shirt
- Blair: Alfred Dunner® Set Sail Gauze Tie Sleeve Button Down Top
- Short Sleeve & Sleeveless Sweaters
Just because winter is over, doesn’t mean you can’t sport cozy sweaters in your outfits. For the spring capsule wardrobe, I recommend thin knits, particularly short sleeve sweaters.
Short sleeve and sleeveless sweaters provide just the right amount of warmth and are perfect for those chilly office or outdoor temperatures. Think of them as an elevated t-shirt.
They look great with denim jeans or trousers and layer well under a blazer or jacket.
- catherine’s: Open Stitch Pullover Sweater
- catherine’s: Fine Gauge Crewneck Shell
- catherine’s: Peplum Sweater
- Lands’ End – Cashmere Short Sleeve Crewneck Sweater – This sweater uses the finest Inner Mongolian cashmere wool in our sweaters so they’re guaranteed to feel luxurious and wear beautifully year after year
- bebe: SHORT SLEEVE TIE RUCHED NECK KNIT TOP
- bebe: CROSS FRONT PEPLUM SWEATER
- bebe: RUFFLE CROPPED SWEATER CARDIGAN
- bebe: MOCK NECK BUTTON TRIM SWEATER
- Long Sleeve Sweater
Again, the key here is to get thin knits. Unlike in the winter, long sleeve sweaters are no longer just layering pieces. They look incredibly good on their own during springtime.
Play around with getting a variety of different necklines and neutral colors. For instance, get a white crew neck sweater, black v-neck sweater, brown mock turtleneck sweater or gray half zip sweater.
Varying the styles of your sweaters will help you create a wider range of different outfits!
- bebe: PUFF SLEEVE SWEATER
- bebe: HEATHERED FRONT TIE SWEATER
- bebe: MOCK NECK BUTTON TRIM SWEATER
- Di’yanu: Hiba Women’s African Print Off-Shoulder Sweater (Tan Black Tribal)
- Di’yanu: Abani Women’s African Print Sweater (Peach Kente) – Clearance
- Di’yanu: Abani Women’s African Print Sweater (Teal Kente) – Clearance
Dresses & Jumpsuits 👗
- Midi Dress
I can’t wait to bring out the midi dress for my spring capsule wardrobe. Their length makes it classy and has just enough coverage for warmth on slightly chillier days.
Plus, there are so many cute styles out there that are currently trending this spring like puff sleeves!
Moreover, you don’t need to agonize over outfit coordination. It’s a lazy girl’s dream because you literally just step in and go.
🍀 Shop Midi Dresses 🍀
- Cupshe: Knotted Midi Wrap Dress
- Cupshe: Flounce V-Neck Cami Midi Dress
- Cupshe: Ruffled Lace-Trim Midi Dress
- bebe: RUCHED MIDI DRESS
- bebe: BANDAGE MIDI DRESS
- bebe: ANGLED FLOUNCE MIDI DRESS
- Lucky Brand: Slip Midi Dress
- Lucky Brand: Lace Button Front Midi Dress
- Lucky Brand: Corset Midi Dress
- Shirt Dress
Another must-have spring capsule wardrobe essential is the shirt dress. This versatile, everyday dress is equally stylish and comfortable.
Plus, since it’s a dress, you don’t need to worry about coordinating bottoms! 😉
🌻 Shop Shirt Dresses 🌻
- bebe: EYELASH SHIRT DRESS
- Tommy Hilfiger: Puff Sleeve Eden Stripe Shirt Dress – This Tommy Hilfiger short sleeve puff dress is complete with chic Eden stripes.
- Bergdorf Goodman: BRUNELLO CUCINELLI Cotton Felpa T-Shirt Dress w/ Monili Trim – This cute, but casual dress has a crew neckline and button/keyhole back.
- Bergdorf Goodman: Cotton Felpa T-Shirt Dress w/ Monili Trim
- Bergdorf Goodman: Polina Button-Front Pleated Shirt Dress
- Bergdorf Goodman: Taiana Silk Belted Midi Shirt Dress
Jumpsuits are great because they give the illusion of a two-piece outfit. This is great for those days when you don’t want to wear a dress, but still want an all-in-one outfit.
I especially love the clean look of utility jumpsuits and the minimal styling effort. Also, they actually have lots of functional pockets, so it’s practical too.
🌹 Shop Jumpsuits 🌹
- bebe: RUFFLE LEG JUMPSUIT
- bebe: CAPE SLEEVE JUMPSUIT
- bebe: CONVERTIBLE SLINKY JUMPSUIT\
- Dickies: Women’s Cooling Short Sleeve Coveralls
- Dickies: Women’s Long Sleeve Coveralls
- Dickies: Women’s Florala Coveralls
- Trench Coat
A trench coat is an essential outerwear for a spring capsule wardrobe. It’s the perfect transitional spring outerwear.
It’s not as thick as a wool coat, but it provides just enough warmth for chilly weather. Make sure you get a long beige trench coat for that classy, timeless look.
🌸 Shop Trench Coats 🌸
- Bloomingdale’s: Ted Baker Saila Linen Blend Trench Coat – This beautiful classic trench coat is has a notch lapel, button epaulets, long sleeves, and bracelet cuffs.
- Belk: Kimi & Kai Angie Waterproof Hooded Trench Coat – A hidden front closure and clean lines add an easygoing elegance to this simplistic coat. Featuring front and back buttoned storm flaps, shoulder epaulets, hook-and-eye collared, and inverted back pleat.
- Bergdorf Goodman: BURBERRY Chelsea Heritage Slim-Fit Trench Coat – A gorgeous trench collar with check undercollar and throat latch, and double-breasted button front.
- Denim Jacket
The denim jacket is a classic staple in my spring capsule wardrobe. I recommend boxy and loose fitting denim jackets for that cool, laid back vibe.
These jackets look great over a simple white tee or dress. They even look amazing with high-waisted trousers or jeans. It’s the perfect layer for chilly spring days.
🌺 Shop Denim Jackets 🌺
- Levi’s: ORIGINAL TRUCKER JACKET – This trucker jacket is the crème de la crème of jean jackets — a style so classic you can pass it down for generations.
- Lands’ End: Long Sleeve Denim Jacket – A close cousin of the classic denim jacket, this neutral version gives off a slightly different vibe.
- Bergdorf Goodman: Mother The Cut Drifter Classic Raw Hem Denim Jacket – This classic denim jacket with raw hem and point collar has the perfect loose and boxy fit.
Get a blazer if you don’t own one yet! They instantly make an outfit look smart and can be dressed down for casual looks. It also makes a great layering piece for the changing seasons, such as winter to spring.
For instance, you can style a blazer with a t-shirt and jeans. In addition, slouchy blazers look great with a dress. Blazers are seasonless and timeless, so you’ll find yourself wearing them year-round.
🌷 Shop Blazers 🌷
- Bergdorf Goodman: ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Classic Single-Breasted Suiting Blazer – A gorgeous blazer with peaked lapels; one-button front, and long sleeves finished with four kissing buttons.
- Lands’ End: Washable Wool Collarless Blazer – This on-trend blazer delivers a clean, modern silhouette with no lapels or buttons to get in the way.
- New York & Company: LINEN-BLEND DOUBLE-BREASTED JACKET – Made from a luxuriously soft linen-blend fabric, this double-breasted jacket is the perfect lightweight blazer for the season.
- Lands’ End: Washable Wool Two Button Traditional Blazer – That this traditionally-styled, two-button blazer performs beautifully at the office comes as no surprise.
- Cropped Cardigan
Cardigans add a lightweight layer, which are great for chilly indoor temperatures. For the spring capsule wardrobe, I recommend a cropped cardigan too because they look great with high waisted pants or dresses. No tucking in necessary!
Make sure you get neutral colors, such white, gray, beige, or black for super easy outfit coordination.
💐 Shop Cropped Cardigans 💐
- Kohl’s: Nina Leonard Open-Weave Knit Bolero – The textured open-weave knit of this women’s Nina Leonard sweater adds instant charm to any dressy look.
- Bergdorf Goodman: Valentino Stripe Rockstud Button Cropped Cardigan – Valentino textured knit cardigan in stripe with rockstud button detail, v-neckline, and button front.
- Blair: Three-Quarter Sleeve Pointelle-Trim Shrug – A must-have lightweight layer for dressing up a look in an instant.
- Wide Leg Pants Or Trousers
Pants or trousers are super versatile and can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. They’re a year-round staple for me and I highly recommend it for the spring capsule wardrobe.
Remember to purchase black or tan trousers for easy outfit coordination. I also love high-waisted and wide leg styles for their leg elongating effect.
Also, try to add a mix of different fabrics to the spring capsule wardrobe. I particularly love linen pants. They’re airy and breathable, which is perfect for warm spring days.
🍀 Shop Wide Leg Pants Or Trousers 🍀
- Kohl’s: AB Studio Gauzy-Texture Wide-Leg Pants – Piece together a look you’ll love with these women’s wide-leg pants from AB Studio.
- Blair: Alfred Dunner Classic Pants – Hmmm…Dinner and dancing, or dancing and then dinner? These beautiful elastic-waist slacks won’t make you choose.
- Kohl’s: Style & Co. Wide-Leg Soft Pants – Cozy up to these comfy soft pants from Style & Co designed to pull-on with an effortless elastic waistband.
- White & Light Wash Jeans
Denim jeans are also a year-round staple and go-to for casual looks. I like to keep timeless silhouettes in my wardrobe, so that it always stays fresh.
Loose jeans and straight blue jeans have modern silhouettes that don’t seem to go out of style. I also recommend high-waisted jeans and experimenting with hems, such as cropped, wide leg, or flare jeans.
In terms of color, I recommend light blue or cream jeans for maximum versatility. They’re also perfect for spring. You really can’t go wrong with these colors.
🌼 Shop White & Light Wash Jeans 🌼
- Levi’s: LOW PRO WOMEN’S JEANS – A vintage fit made for modern times. Our Low Pro Jeans have the same mid rise and classic straight leg silhouette from your favorite ’90s denim for a perfect lived-in look.
- Lands’ End: High Rise Wide Leg Blue Jeans – Oh, we do love a wide leg. There’s just something so swingy and straight-up-fun about the style. Plus, it’s super slimming.
- Levi’s: BAGGY DAD WOMEN’S JEANS – The kind of jean you might steal from your dad’s closet but baggier.
These athleisure pants are trendy right now and for a good reason! They’re stylish, but just as comfortable as sweatpants.
Unlike sweatpants, jogger pants have a flattering leg shape. Plus, their cuffed ankles help highlight your cute shoes too.
Plus, they can be dressed up or down easily, which makes going from the gym to brunch a lot easier too.
🌹 Shop Joggers 🌹
- Blair: Skechers Ultra Go Jogger – Designed for exercising and comfortable enough for lounging. Constructed of Skechknits™ Ultra Go™ fabric, a flexible 4-way stretch brushed jersey wicks away moisture, to keep you feeling your best.
- Belk: Skechers SkechLuxe Restful Jogger Pants – Redefine relaxed style and comfort with the Skechers Apparel Restful Jogger Pant. Soft, silky knit french terry SKECHLUXE™ fabric in a pull-on casual fashion jogger sweatpant with comfort features.
- Talbots: WASHED LINEN JOGGERS – Of-the-moment jogger style with a tapered leg and elastic back. Made from soft, breathable linen. Dress them up. Or dress them down.
- Black Leggings
Black leggings are an essential foundation piece for easy comfort and style. They’re super easy to pair with shoes and tops too.
Look for interesting textures, such as quilted or faux leather textures for a unique twist to the typical black leggings.
🌸 Shop Black Leggings 🌸
- NYDJ: Pull-On Skinny Legging Pants – Made from an advanced compression double knit that sculpts curves with exceptional support, these stretchy bottoms feature a tall, comfortable pull-on waistband to keep the fit extra smooth.
- Kohl’s: Sonoma Goods For Life® Wide-Waist Capri Leggings – Whether you’re working out or hanging out, you’ll love wearing these women’s Sonoma Goods For Life capri leggings.
- Kohl’s: Tek Gear® Core High-Waisted Capri Leggings – Perform at your best with these women’s Tek Gear high-waisted capri leggings.
- Slip Skirt
A slip skirt is a lovely spring wardrobe essential. I am particularly fond of satin or silk skirts. A slip skirt will instantly elevate the entire outfit and make it look classy.
I recommend a midi length slip skirt with a slit on the side for a classy yet sexy look.
Not to mention, I love the feeling of the silky fabric against my skin on a warm spring day. 😉
🌺 Shop Slip Skirts 🌺
- Macy’s: And Now This Side-Slit Midi Skirt – Slay your casual style with this sleek midi skirt designed with a thigh-high slit.
- Bergdorf Goodman: BRUNELLO CUCINELLI High-Waisted Satin Slip Maxi Skirt – This gorgeous slip skirt is high rise, full length, and falls straight from hip to hem.
- ThredUp: Prabal Gurung Collective Black Ruffle Side Slit Skirt – A gorgeous side slit skirt with ruffle accents that will elevate any top.
- White Sneakers
Sneakers are a year-round staple that also work great in the spring when your feet need a break from wearing sandals all day. If you love taking long strolls or you’ll be on your feet all day, sneakers are the way to go!
Just because it’s comfortable, doesn’t mean that it’s unstylish. Check out chunky dad sneakers or classic converses for style and comfort.
🌷 Shop White Sneakers 🌷
- Sketchers: Summits
- Sketchers: Skechers Arch Fit Arcade – Meet Ya There
- Sketchers: D’lites – Fresh Start
- Clarks: Un Rio Knit White Knit
- Clarks: Nalle Lace White Leather
- Shoe Carnival: Women’s Fila A-Low Sneakers
- Shoe Carnival: Women’s Levis Anika Sneakers
- Shoe Carnival: Women’s Keds Center II Leather Sneakers
- Keds: Kickstart Leather – A leather lace-up sneaker loaded with comfort and pairability. The Kickstart is that kind of essential tennis shoe you wind up living in all year long.
- Reebok: Club C Double Shoes – Game. Set. Match. These women’s tennis-inspired shoes elevate your style with a stacked midsole for extra height and a chunky profile.
- Keds: Double Decker Leather – A leather slip-on sneaker with a major following. The bestselling Double Decker is a crowd favorite.
- Block Heeled Sandals
Spring is all about sandals, so a spring capsule wardrobe is definitely not complete without this classic staple. I highly recommend sandals with a chunky heel for everyday looks.
The chunky heel gives you a boost in height and makes it more comfortable to walk in. Play around with pointed or square toe shapes for a stylish detail.
💐 Shop Block Heeled Sandals 💐
- Naturalizer: VERA DRESS SANDAL – This minimal block heel sandal with slender ankle strap provides all-day comfort and style.
- Missy Empire: Valerie Black Double Strap Square Toe Heel Mule – A must-have sandal that features a black heel with double straps and a square toe design.
- Marc Fisher: Jaxxon Block Heel Sandal – Slip into these easy to wear block heeled sandals that come a variety of cute colors.
- Mule Flats
If you’re looking for a stylish pair of flats, consider the mule flats. These flats provide coverage up front and come in stylish toe shapes, such as pointed or square toes. They’re even great for business casual outfits.
I love the fact that they are super comfortable to walk in. Plus, they’re hassle free–slip them on and off in just a few seconds.
🍀 Shop Mule Flats 🍀
- Shiekh: CAPE ROBBIN CELL-14 BLACK MULES – Wear leather to the office with these leather mules. They are styled in a way that keeps them looking professional without being too dressy.
- Maryland Square: SOUL Naturalizer Style – These cute shoes features a square toe, slip-on styling, and metallic hardware.
- Bloomingdale’s: San Edelman Women’s Lavina Flat Mules – These classic square toe slip on mules has a woven texture that adds a unique detail.
- Chunky Platforms
I just love a great platform moment. Chunky platforms give you a boost in height and are more comfortable to walk in than heeled sandals.
There’s plenty of great spring platforms to choose from. They also look great in pretty much every casual outfit I can think of.
🌻 Shop Chunky Platforms 🌻
- Keds: Trio Platform – Step straight back into the ‘90s with the Trio Platform sandal. An instant way to transform all your go-to summer looks.
- Soft Surroundings: Cecelia NY Frisbe Jute Platform Wedge – A modern update to the classic espadrille finds a jute-wrapped platform paired with a woven leather upper.
- Keds: Jump Kick Duo Leather – We’re all about the chunky sneaker trend (especially as an unexpected pairing with floaty dresses), but we’re not into all the bulk and heaviness that often comes with the look.
- Shoulder Bag
A chic and quality shoulder bag is an essential bag that you’ll need for your spring capsule wardrobe. These chic bags have been trending lately and I can see why!
Just before you head out, make sure to throw on a sleek shoulder bag to complete your look. Trust me, it’ll coordinate with just about any outfit.
🌹 Shop Shoulder Bags 🌹
- Catherines: Hobo Shoulder Bag – A cool carry-all bag that will go with pretty much everything in your wardrobe.
- New York & Company: PRINTED-STRAP SHOULDER BAG STREET LEVEL – Crafted from vegan leather with a classic, rounded silhouette, this wear-everywhere handbag is accented by a detachable printed shoulder strap.
- Poshmark: VINTAGE GUCCI ABBEY – A gorgeous black vintage Gucci shoulder bag that will go with any outfit.
- Tote Bag
A light and roomy tote bag is the perfect companion for a stroll through an open-air market. It’s perfect for those days when you are planning to shop for more things than usual. It’s a chic way to store your hauls. 😉
These easy to carry bags look great with casual, laidback outfits. Plus, they’re super portable too!
🌸 Shop Tote Bags 🌸
- Keds: Forestbound Canvas Tote Bag – Perfect for stocking up at the farmer’s market, toting around diaper bag essentials and/or yoga gear, and packing up for spontaneous weekend getaways.
- Jos. A. Bank: Genuine Leather Backpack – A top rolled leather handle lets you carry this bag as a tote, while sturdy leather shoulder straps make this spacious bag a convenient backpack.
- Ashley Stewart: Printed Straw & Wood Tote – Add this printed tote made from braided straw to your collection for an easy go-to to carry your essentials.
- New York & Company: STRIPED JUTE TOTE SHIRALEAH – Boho-chic for any day of the week – this oversized tote is rendered in jute and features an accent leopard-print design with a decorative tassel.
- Jos. A. Bank – Leather Satchel – Keep your daily essentials handy with this stylish fine leather satchel
- Small Gold Jewelry
Small gold jewelry is timeless and chic. They will always outlast trends and coordinate well with any outfit.
Adding a pair of small hoops, minimal rings, and delicate necklaces will instantly add a touch of elegance and sophistication, without being too overwhelming.
🌺 Shop Small Gold Jewelry 🌺
- Belk: Round Tube Hoop Earrings – Crafted out of polished gold-over sterling silver, these elegant earrings from Belk & Co. are featured in a rounded tube hoop silhouette.
- Overstock: Miadora 10k Yellow Gold 22 Inch Twist Rope Chain Necklace – This trendy Miadora rope chain necklace is crafted in 10-karat yellow gold and features a classic rope chain design, perfect for all occasions.
- Overstock: Miadora 10k Yellow Gold 1/5ct – This stunning ring is set in 10k yellow gold and features parallel and round-cut white diamonds that will make any outfit sparkle with class and elegance.
- New York & Company: 14K GOLD MINI TWIST HOOP EARRINGS ESUNG – Add essential shine to daytime and evening ensembles in these twisted hoop earrings plated with 14-karat gold.
Sunglasses serve two purposes–to protect your eyes and to accessorize! For a spring capsule wardrobe, choose classic shapes that never go out of style.
Avoid any trendy shapes, such as tiny sunglasses and vibrant colors or prints. You’ll want to get a pair of minimal sunglasses that’ll serve you for years to come.
🌷 Shop Sunglasses 🌷
- Converse: North End Sunglasses – Ready to wear with anything and everything, these sunglasses are a spring and summer staple.
- Kohl’s: Ray-Ban Erika Pilot Polarized Sunglasses – Make these Ray-Ban Erika polarized sunglasses your go-to pair of shades for unforgettable first impressions.
- Belk: Ray-Ban® RB3025 Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses – A classic and trend-forward aviator silhouette lends true Ray-Ban® appeal to these sunglasses.
- Men’s Warehouse: Joseph Abboud Sunglasses, Black
- Men’s Warehouse: Joseph Abboud Aviator Sunglasses, Gold
- Men’s Warehouse: Joseph Abboud Round Sunglasses, Black
- Silk Scarf
How can I forget about this elegant accessory? When I see a silk scarf, I immediately think of spring.
Tie a silk scarf around your neck to add a pop of color and elegance to your outfit. It immediately elevates the outfit and makes you look more expensive.
💐 Shop Silk Scarves 💐
- Bergdorf Goodman: PRADA Triangle Degrade Printed Silk Scarf – Prada iconic triangle degrade printed scarf in silk twill. Lightweight, seasonless fabric.
- Uniqlo: Silk Scarf (Ines de la Fressange) – This is a lustrous 100% silk satin that is sand washed for a soft feel. This square silk scarf is perfect for adding a style accent to your neck or bag.
- Boden: Printed Silk Scarf – Take this vibrant neckerchief, which we’ve crafted from pure luxurious silk and printed. Lightweight and seriously soft, it elevates everyday outfits in a flash.
- Vince Camuto: FLORAL-PRINT SCARF – A watercolor-inspired floral print lends an artistic touch to this silky, lightweight scarf.
Spring Capsule Wardrobe FAQs
What Is A Capsule Wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe is a collection of clothing that can be mixed and matched to create a wide variety of outfits. All the pieces in the collection complement each other, which makes outfit coordination a breeze.
Capsule wardrobes help minimize your closet to only the key pieces you’ll need. You’ll save tons of time dressing in the morning!
Capsule wardrobes help minimize your closet to only the key pieces you’ll need.
It’s a great way to add some style to your wardrobe and make it more accessible. A good spring capsule wardrobe can help you transition from a casual to formal outfit too. It can even help you discover new ways to wear your favorite pieces.
If you are looking for a wardrobe that’s easy to wear and pull off, this is the wardrobe for you.
How Many Clothes And Shoes Should Be In My Spring Capsule Wardrobe?
The key to building a good spring capsule wardrobe is to invest in quality pieces. It’s better to have fewer quality clothing than a lot of cheap, low-quality clothes.
There isn’t a hard rule on exactly how many clothes should be in a capsule wardrobe. The general rule of thumb is between 25 to 50 pieces, but it really depends on your personal preference and lifestyle.
Remember, it’s quality over quantity. Your wardrobe should have quality basics in neutral colors and classic prints.
How Does A Capsule Wardrobe Benefit Me?
Any capsule wardrobe, including the spring capsule wardrobe above, comes with a ton of benefits. Here’s some of the benefits you can reap from a spring capsule wardrobe:
- More Money In Your Pocket
Clothes curated for a capsule wardrobe are purchased with meaning and intent. They’re not impulse buys of the latest cute trend. Therefore, you’re less likely to purchase items that just end up collecting dust at the back of your closet.
Also, a capsule wardrobe is planned in advance, so it leaves less room for unintended purchases. The key to curating a good spring capsule wardrobe is to shop for all the necessary pieces at the beginning of the season, so you’re not tempted to purchase more later.
- Effortless & Quick Outfits
A good capsule wardrobe also means that all your items will match each other well. Therefore, it should have a cohesive theme. If you only had 2 minutes to get dressed, would you be able to pull an outfit together? A capsule wardrobe can help you get dressed in a moment’s notice.
- Timeless & Classic Styles
A versatile and long-lasting capsule wardrobe is filled with timeless and classic styles. Whether it’s for work, meetings, first dates, or a drink with friends, your capsule wardrobe has you covered. You will find yourself wearing these pieces for many years to come!
However, I do have to warn you, it can take time to perfect. If you’re not used to styling a small wardrobe, it can be challenging. It will take effort and perseverance, but the end result is well worth it!
Do I Need To Buy New Clothes Every Season?
Nope, the goal of a capsule wardrobe is to help you reuse old pieces and reduce the need to purchase new pieces every season.
If you do buy something new, just remember the one-in-and-one-out rule.
However, that doesn’t mean you can’t occasionally buy new pieces for your spring capsule wardrobe or other seasonal capsule wardrobes. You want to keep a minimal selection of clothes, though.
If you do buy something new, just remember the one-in-and-one-out rule. Basically, every time you purchase something new, an older piece comes out of your closet. Clothes that you don’t need can be donated or sold, if they’re in good condition.
Can I Include Trendy Clothes In My Capsule Wardrobe?
Trendy clothes can make a capsule wardrobe tricky to work with. The point of a spring capsule wardrobe or any capsule wardrobe is for easy outfit coordination and trends tend to make it difficult.
A lot of trends like vivid colors, such as neon green, or striking patterns, tend to make outfit coordination difficult. That’s why I highly recommend keeping a consistent neutral color theme, which includes white, beige, brown, gray, and black. As for patterns, I recommend classic patterns, such as thin stripes.
Trends tend to make outfit coordination difficult.
If you would like to include trends, make sure the majority of your capsule wardrobe is made of neutral basics. Then, sprinkle in some subtle trends, such as puff sleeves or unique asymmetrical clothing cuts. That way you would have the best of both worlds!
How Often Do You Do Laundry With A Capsule Wardrobe?
It surprises a lot of people when I say that most clothing can be worn more than once. They’re even more surprised when I tell them how long certain pieces can be worn unwashed.
Did you know that your clothing lifespan decreases every time you wash them? Yup, it’s true! Since we’re all here to create a spring capsule wardrobe that’ll last us a long time, it’s important to know when to wash your clothes.
There’s no set rule on exactly when to wash certain pieces. Obviously, if they smell bad or are stained, you should wash them immediately.
Super Tip: Remember to check the clothing tags for specific washing instructions too. Some delicate materials require special care, such as hand washing or dry cleaning. Also, avoid using the dryer and hang dry your clothes, if you can. This will prolong its life!
Here’s some general rules on when some of the most common clothing should be washed:
- Cotton Tees: Since they sit directly over your upper body, you need to wash them every two to three wears.
- Shirts: Shirts should be washed every three or four wears. Try not to tumble dry them if you can too.
- Sweaters & Coats: Don’t wash these unless you absolutely have too–think visible stains or smells. Sweaters made of wool or delicate fabrics should be hand washed, so double-check the clothing tags for washing instructions. Look for dry wash sprays to keep them fresh too.
- Jeans: These can be worn for two weeks before you throw them in a wash. However, if they are stained, you should wash them sooner. I have some useful tips to keep jeans fresh without washing them at the bottom of this article.
- Dresses, Skirts, & Trousers: Wash these every five wears and possibly more frequently for trousers when it’s warmer.
I hope this inspires you to curate your own fabulous spring capsule wardrobe that you’ll love for years to come. Let me know what you have in your capsule wardrobe!
Disclosure: Vain Affair is reader-supported. When you buy through affiliate links on our website, we’ll make a small commission, without impacting your price. Thank you. Learn more.
You May Also Like To Read:
- What To Wear In 50 Degree Weather – 6 Cute Everyday Outfits
- 38 Best SHEIN Finds That You’ll Want To Buy Right Now + Ultimate Shopping Guide
- How To Wear Ankle Boots With Jeans | 10 Outfit Ideas & Tips
- Easy Y2K Outfits: 8 Outfits + Everything You NEED To Know!
- Clothes For Tall Women: Best Tall Clothing + Brands
- How To Wear A Denim Jacket With Jeans | 5 Rules To Follow