Jackets and jumpsuits go hand in hand. Let's get into it.
Jackets with jumpsuits are a match made in fashion heaven, but do you know how to style them right?
When it comes to fashion, there are endless ways to create a stylish outfit. One way to take your jumpsuit game to the next level is by incorporating jackets into your look.
Not only do jackets provide an extra layer of warmth during cooler seasons, but they also add texture, color, and dimension to your outfit.
Wearing a jacket with a jumpsuit can take your ensemble from casual to chic in an instant. The right jacket can even help you transition a daytime look into a nighttime outfit.
The versatility of jackets makes them the perfect accessory for any jumpsuit style. Whether you’re going for a casual, street-style look or a more polished and professional vibe, jackets can elevate your jumpsuit outfit to the next level.
With a range of materials, textures, and styles to choose from, there’s a jacket for every occasion and jumpsuit type.
Disclosure: Vain Affair is reader-supported. When you buy through affiliate links on our website, we’ll make a small commission, without impacting your price. Thank you. Learn more.
In This Post ➜
Jumpsuits with Jackets
Jumpsuits are a versatile and stylish wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Pairing your jumpsuit with the right jacket can take your outfit to the next level.
But with so many different types of jackets and jumpsuits out there, it can be overwhelming to know where to start.
We’ll explore some popular jumpsuit styles, including denim, sleeveless, wide-leg, and black jumpsuits, and provide tips on how to style them with different types of jackets. Whether you’re going for a casual, edgy, or elegant look, I’ve got you covered.
Keep reading to explore different styles of jumpsuits and jackets and how to pair them to create a killer look.
Let’s dive in and explore the world of jumpsuits and jackets!
There’s something so timeless and classic about a good denim piece. Denim jeans and jackets are some of the most popular denim pieces, but don’t forget about the denim jumpsuit!
Denim jumpsuits have been making a comeback in recent years, and it’s not hard to see why. They’re versatile, comfortable, and effortlessly stylish. With a denim jumpsuit, you can achieve a range of looks, from laid-back and casual to edgy and bold.
But with so many styles and jackets to choose from, figuring out how to style your denim jumpsuit can be a challenge. Don’t worry, though – I’ve got you covered.
Here are some tips and tricks for pairing your denim jumpsuit with different jackets so you can rock this classic look with confidence.
Here are some tips for styling your denim jumpsuit with different types of jackets:
- Leather Jacket – Pairing a denim jumpsuit with a leather jacket is a classic combo that will never go out of style. The tough, edgy look of a leather jacket perfectly complements the ruggedness of denim. Wear a black leather jacket with a light blue denim jumpsuit and complete the look with ankle boots or sneakers.
- Shacket – A shacket, or shirt jacket, is a perfect choice if you’re looking for something comfortable and laid-back. A khaki shacket pairs well with a medium or dark wash denim jumpsuit. Throw on some white sneakers and simple jewelry to complete the look.
- Faux Fur Jacket – A faux fur jacket can add some texture and warmth to your outfit. A light-colored faux fur jacket pairs well with a darker denim jumpsuit. Wear a pair of ankle boots or heels to elevate the look.
Jumpsuits come in various styles and designs, including sleeveless jumpsuits that offer a chic and elegant look.
It’s the perfect opportunity to show off your lovely arms or layer a long sleeve underneath. Plus, it’s more breathable in the summer!
But when the temperature starts to drop, adding a layer to your sleeveless jumpsuit can be a great way to stay warm and stylish. Here are some jackets that would be the perfect outerwear for sleeveless jumpsuits:
- Denim Jacket: A denim jacket is a classic and casual layering piece that pairs perfectly with a sleeveless jumpsuit. To create a laid-back look, pair your jumpsuit with a light-wash denim jacket and sneakers. For a more elevated outfit, swap the sneakers for heeled ankle boots and add a statement belt to cinch in your waist. This will create a more defined silhouette and help to balance out the flowy fabric of the jumpsuit.
- Tweed Jacket: A tweed jacket is a sophisticated layering option that can add texture and interest to your sleeveless jumpsuit outfit. Pair a neutral-toned tweed jacket with a solid-colored jumpsuit for a timeless and chic look. You can also experiment with different accessories, such as a bold statement necklace or a colorful scarf, to add a pop of color to your outfit.
- Blazer: A blazer is a polished piece that can instantly elevate any outfit, including a sleeveless jumpsuit. For a classic look, pair a black blazer with a solid-colored jumpsuit and pointed-toe heels. This outfit would be perfect for the office. You can also play with different colors and prints to create a more unique and eye-catching outfit. Try a patterned blazer with a solid jumpsuit or a colorful blazer with a neutral jumpsuit to mix things up.
Wide-leg jumpsuits are a great choice if you want to go for a more comfortable yet trendy look. They are versatile, and you can style them in many different ways, including adding jackets.
Here are some tips for styling a wide-leg jumpsuit with different jackets:
- Trench Coat: A classic trench coat is a perfect outerwear to add a touch of sophistication to your wide-leg umpsuit outfit. I love how a trench coat skims over the legs of the wide-leg pants and gives the outfit structure. Choose a neutral color trench coat, such as beige or black, to create a sleek and sophisticated look. Step into pair of block heel sandals to complete the look.
- Leather Jacket: A leather jacket is perfect for adding an edgy touch to your wide leg jumpsuit outfit. Opt for a cropped leather jacket to balance out the volume of the wide legs. Complete the look with a pair of heeled ankle booties for a stylish outfit.
- Denim Jacket: A denim jacket is a great option for a more casual and relaxed look. Choose a fitted denim jacket to create a more streamlined silhouette. You can also add a belt to cinch in your waist and create a more defined shape. Pair this outfit with some flatforms to finish off the look.
A black jumpsuit is a versatile piece of clothing that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Think of it as the alternative to a chic LBD!
One of the great things about a black jumpsuit is that it can be paired with almost any jacket to create a stylish outfit. It’s truly one of the most versatile jumpsuit styles.
Here are some ideas for how to wear a black jumpsuit with different types of jackets:
- Shacket: A shacket, or shirt jacket, is a great option for those who want to add a layer of warmth without the bulk of a traditional jacket. Pair a black jumpsuit with a neutral-colored shacket and flats for a casual yet chic look.
- Puffer Jacket: A puffer jacket is a perfect way to stay warm and cozy during the colder months. Choose a cropped puffer jacket and layer it over a fitted black jumpsuit for a modern and sleek look. Don’t forget to throw on a pair of heeled sandals to finalize this look
- Tweed Jacket: For a classic and timeless look, pair a black jumpsuit with a tweed jacket. This outfit would look great for more formal events or the office. Add a pair of statement earrings and loafers to complete the outfit.
How to Style Jackets For Jumpsuits
Jackets are versatile pieces that can elevate any outfit, including jumpsuits. As you can see from the outfits above, there are a variety of jackets that will pair well with jumpsuits!
Here are some tips to keep in mind so that you can properly style jackets with jumpsuits EVERY time.
A leather jacket is a timeless piece that can add a touch of edge to any outfit. When paired with a jumpsuit, it can create a stylish look that is perfect for a night out or a casual day look.
Here are some tips for styling a leather jacket with a jumpsuit:
- Pair an oversized jacket with a fitted jumpsuit: It’s all about balance! An oversized jacket looks best when paired with a fitted jumpsuit, as it creates a balanced and flattering silhouette. Pairing two oversized pieces together would overwhelm your body shape.
- Keep it simple: If you want your jacket to be the statement piece, keep the rest of the outfit simple. This will prevent you from creating busy outfits. Sometimes simple outfits are the best ones!
- Experiment with textures: A jacket can add texture to a jumpsuit outfit. For instance, pair a matte leather jacket with a shiny or silky jumpsuit to create visually interesting contrasting textures.
- Add some color: A colored jacket can add a pop of color to a neutral jumpsuit. For example, pair a red or blue jacket with a black or white jumpsuit for a bold and daring look. The trick is to pair a bold colored jacket with a neutral colored jumpsuit so that the colors don’t clash.
- Accessorize: Finish off the outfit with some accessories, such as a statement necklace or a pair of ankle boots. Keep the accessories simple and let the leather jacket and jumpsuit do the talking.
By following these tips, you can create a stylish and effortless outfit with ANY jacket and jumpsuit. Whether you’re going out for a night on the town or running errands during the day, a jacket and jumpsuit combo is an effortlessly chic outfit.
Types Of Jackets To Wear With Jumpsuit
When it comes to jackets for jumpsuits, there are several options to choose from, depending on the occasion and personal style. From leather to tweed, each type of jacket can create a unique look when paired with a jumpsuit.
Let’s take a look at each of the popular jacket styles and how to pair them with jumpsuits.
- Shacket – A shacket, also known as a shirt jacket, is the perfect layering piece for a jumpsuit. It adds a touch of cool-girl edge while still maintaining a casual and comfortable vibe.
- Denim Jacket – Denim jackets are a classic and versatile piece that can easily create a dressed-down chic look.
- Leather Jacket – Toughen up the look by throwing on a leather jacket over a jumpsuit. It’s an easy way to add streetwear vibes to any outfit.
- Faux Fux Jacket – Add a touch of luxe and glam to you jumpsuits with fur. Faux fur jackets are a trendy way to add texture and warmth to any outfit.
- Tweed Jacket – These sophisticated outwear pieces will immediately make you appear more polished and elevated.
- Puffer Jacket – Puffer jackets are a perfect addition to any jumpsuit outfit in colder weather. Style tip: Get a cropped puffer so that you can still show off the waist area! They provide warmth and comfort without compromising style.
- Trench Coat – These fall wardrobe staples look great with wide-leg jumpsuits. They add a touch of classy vibe to any outfit.
- Blazer – A blazer is a great way to instantly transform a jumpsuit into office-appropriate wear. You can also dress the jumpsuit down with an oversized blazer and sneaker too!
What Do I Wear Over A Jumpsuit For A Wedding?
When it comes to dressing for a wedding, it can be tricky to strike the right balance between formal and comfortable. Jumpsuits have become a popular choice for wedding attire, but adding a jacket or other layer can elevate the look even further.
Here are some suggestions for what to wear over a jumpsuit for a wedding:
- Blazer: A tailored blazer in a neutral color like black, navy, or white can add sophistication and formality to a jumpsuit outfit.
- Tweed Jacket: This is the preppy alternative to a blazer! A tweed jacket instantly adds class and elegance to a jumpsuit.
- Faux Fur Jacket: A faux fur jacket in a bold color can add a touch of drama and glamour to a jumpsuit outfit, especially for a winter wedding.
- Shrug: A lightweight shrug or bolero in a complementary color to your jumpsuit can add a touch of elegance and keep you warm if the temperature drops.
- Capelet: A capelet or cape in a sheer fabric can create a dramatic and feminine effect over a jumpsuit.
- Wrap: A shawl or wrap in a luxurious fabric like silk or chiffon can add a touch of glamour to your jumpsuit outfit.
Remember, the key to choosing a jacket or other layer for a jumpsuit outfit for a wedding is to consider the formality of the event, the season, and the color scheme.
Choose a layer that complements your jumpsuit and adds to the overall look without overwhelming it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do You Wear Over A Jumpsuit When It’s Cold?
When it comes to wearing a jumpsuit in colder weather, layering is key. Adding the right jacket or coat to your jumpsuit outfit can not only keep you warm but also elevate your style game.
Here are some tips on what to wear over a jumpsuit when it’s cold:
- Turtleneck Sweater: Layer a cozy turtleneck sweater under your jumpsuit for a warm and stylish look. You can either wear the sweater inside the jumpsuit or layer it on top for a trendy vibe.
- Wool Coat: A classic wool coat is a great option to wear over a jumpsuit when it’s cold. It’s warm, elegant, and adds a touch of sophistication to your outfit.
- Oversized Cardigan: An oversized cardigan is a perfect choice for a more casual and comfortable look. You can wear it over your jumpsuit for a cozy and relaxed vibe.
- Longline Vest: A longline vest is a versatile piece that can be worn over a jumpsuit to create a layered look. It adds depth and texture to your outfit and is perfect for transitional weather.
- Faux Fur Jacket: A faux fur jacket is a stylish and glamorous way to stay warm in a jumpsuit outfit. It adds texture and dimension to your look while keeping you cozy and comfortable.
- Scarf: Don’t forget about accessories! A scarf is a great way to add an extra layer of warmth to your jumpsuit outfit. Opt for a chunky knit or a wool scarf for maximum coziness.
With these tips in mind, you can confidently wear your jumpsuit in colder weather and stay both stylish and warm.
How Do You Look Classy In A Jumpsuit?
Jumpsuits are versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Styling the right jackets with a jumpsuit can help, but there are other ways to elevate your jumpsuit outfit and give it a touch of class
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose the right fabric: Opt for jumpsuits made from high-quality fabrics like silk, satin, or velvet. These fabrics not only feel luxurious but also give your outfit an upscale look.
- Pay attention to the fit: Fit is crucial when it comes to looking classy in a jumpsuit. Choose a jumpsuit that fits you perfectly and accentuates your figure in all the right places. Avoid baggy or ill-fitting jumpsuits that can look sloppy.
- Accessorize wisely: Keep your accessories simple and elegant. A statement piece of jewelry like a necklace or earrings can add some glamour to your outfit without overwhelming it. Avoid wearing too many accessories that can make your outfit look busy.
- Go for neutral colors: Neutral colors like black, white, navy, or beige are timeless and classic. They give your outfit a sophisticated look and make it easier to accessorize.
- Wear heels: Heels are an instant way to make any outfit look classier. Choose a pair of pumps, stilettos, or block heels that complement your jumpsuit and elevate your overall look.
Can You Wear A Jumpsuit To The Office?
Jumpsuits have become a versatile and trendy fashion choice for women of all ages and body types. However, when it comes to wearing a jumpsuit to the office, the question arises: is it appropriate?
The answer is yes! You can wear a jumpsuit to the office, but it depends on the style and fabric of the jumpsuit, as well as the dress code of your workplace.
For a more professional and polished look, opt for a jumpsuit in a solid color or subtle print, such as pinstripes. Avoid loud or bold patterns, as well as overly casual fabrics like denim or cotton.
Instead, choose materials such as silk, crepe, or polyester blends that are wrinkle-resistant and give a more formal appearance. Pair your jumpsuit with a blazer or a structured jacket, and accessorize with classic pieces like a statement necklace or a pair of understated earrings.
If your office dress code is more casual, you can wear a jumpsuit with a cardigan or a denim jacket.
Regarding shoes, opt for closed-toe pumps or loafers, and avoid sandals or sneakers. Choose heels that are comfortable enough to wear all day, as you will likely be on your feet for extended periods.
How Do You Wear A Jumpsuit If You Have A Belly?
Jumpsuits are a great outfit choice for any occasion, but if you have a belly, you may feel hesitant to wear one. Don’t let that stop you from rocking a cute jumpsuit!
However, with a few styling tips, you can confidently rock a jumpsuit that flatters your figure.
- Choose the right fabric: Opt for fabrics that drape over your curves and do not cling to your belly. Avoid stiff or heavy fabrics that may accentuate your midsection.
- Look for a defined waist: A jumpsuit with a defined waistline can create the illusion of a slimmer waist. Choose a style with a cinched waistband or add a belt to define your waist.
- Go for a V-neckline: A V-neckline can elongate your torso and draw attention away from your belly. It can also create a more balanced look with the volume of the jumpsuit’s legs.
- Layer with a blazer or jacket: Adding a blazer or jacket to your jumpsuit outfit can help create a streamlined silhouette and conceal any areas you’re not comfortable showing.
- Wear shapewear: Shapewear can help smooth out any bumps or bulges and create a more flattering look. Opt for high-waisted options that provide support to your midsection.
Remember, confidence is key when it comes to wearing a jumpsuit. Choose a style that makes you feel comfortable and confident, and accessorize with statement jewelry and shoes to complete your look.
Can A 60 Year Old Woman Wear A Jumpsuit?
Absolutely! Jumpsuits are versatile and can be worn by women of all ages.
When it comes to styling a jumpsuit for a 60-year-old woman, it’s important to choose a jumpsuit that fits well and flatters the body shape.
Opt for a jumpsuit with a defined waistline and a wide leg to create a balanced silhouette. Choose a jumpsuit in a classic color, such as black or navy, and pair it with a blazer or a cardigan for a more polished look.
With the right accessories and styling, a jumpsuit can be a chic and age-appropriate outfit for a 60-year-old woman or older!
What Body Type Looks Best In A Jumpsuit?
Jumpsuits are a versatile clothing item that can flatter different body types. For those with a straight or athletic body shape, a jumpsuit with a defined waist or a belted style can help create the illusion of curves.
For those with a curvier body shape, a jumpsuit with a looser, draped fabric can help create a balanced silhouette. Overall, the key is to choose a jumpsuit that fits well and accentuates your best features.
Do You Wear A Bra With A Jumpsuit?
It depends on the style of the jumpsuit and personal preference. If the jumpsuit has a built-in bra or enough support, then a separate bra may not be necessary.
However, if the jumpsuit is a bit loose or low-cut, then wearing a bra can provide additional support and coverage. It is important to choose a bra that complements the style of the jumpsuit and is comfortable to wear for an extended period of time.
Consider opting for a strapless or convertible bra to avoid visible bra straps or choosing a bra with a low-cut front or back to avoid any visible lines.
I highly recommend Pepper’s strapless convertible bra. Check out my in-depth Pepper bra review to see if it would work for you.
I hope this inspires you to create more fun looks. Now you know how to create cute outfits that combine jackets with jumpsuits!
FREE Year Round Capsule Wardrobe Checklist
Let’s face it, it’s hard to choose a stylish outfit everyday! This checklist is here to show you that you only need around 33 pieces to create easy and chic outfits all year long. Print it out or use it directly on your computer. Best of all, it’s FREE!
Disclosure: Vain Affair is reader-supported. When you buy through affiliate links on our website, we’ll make a small commission, without impacting your price. Thank you. Learn more.
You May Also Like To Read:
- Is Pretty Little Thing Good Quality? The Ultimate Review You Need
- Bikini vs Hipster Panties: Which Style Will Flatter Your Figure?
- Tops to Wear With Leather Skirt: 10 Must-Haves You Need Now!
- White Skirt Outfit Ideas: 12 Super Cute Tops to Pair with Your Skirt
- What To Wear To A Birthday Party So You Can Celebrate In Style
- SHEIN Review | Honest Opinion & Here’s What You Should Know!
- 25+ Golden Goose Dupes You Should Know If You’re On A Budget
- How To Wear A Pencil Skirt With A Tummy | The Best Style Tips
What do you think?